author seeks American nannies overseas for book project

View previous topic View next topic Go down

author seeks American nannies overseas for book project

Post  GettingOut on Sat 30 Apr 2011, 6:28 am

Hello all:

My name is Mark Ehrman and I am the author of a book called Getting Out: Your Guide to Leaving America. The book was published in 2006 but a second (updated) edition will be published at the end of the year. As we did the first time around, we include (in addition to information, resources, data, etc.) many short first-person dispatches (from a few lines to a few paragraphs) from Americans all around the world, talking about their life, their experiences, their advice, etc. Because we cover being a nanny/au pair in the book (since it's a common way people might choose to live overseas) we would like to also include someone who can give a short first person account of their experiences (how they got the job, what it's like, etc.) for the book. You don't need to be a writer to contribute. Most of our contributors aren't. We can send you a questionnaire that helps you focus your responses. All contributions are credited (you can also remain anonymous, if you prefer) and all contributors receive a free copy of the book. If you are from the US and are working as a nanny/au pair somewhere outside of the US, I invite you to please get in touch.

Although this post is in the Europe forum, it's not necessary that you be working in Europe to contribute. Anywhere outside the US is fine (Canada, NZ, Singapore, etc). I just didn't want to clutter the boards with multiple identical posts.

I can be reached via IM or at mark [at] gettingoutofamerica.com.

More info about the book can be found here:
http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Out-Leaving-America-Self-Reliance/dp/0976082276/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204407488&sr=8-1

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you all and best wishes...

Mark Ehrman
mark [at] gettingoutofamerica.com
GettingOut
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Male
Number of posts : 1
Country,City : Berlin, Germany
Job : author
Nationality : US
Registration date : 2011-04-30