Searching: An au pair friend in south of France

Go down

Searching: An au pair friend in south of France

Post  Chillinmonkey on Thu 09 Dec 2010, 2:49 am

Hi!
Im a swedish au pair girl living in Aniane (close to Montpellier) in south of France.
I arrived here the 22 of novembre and I miss having friends.
I would like to have an au pair friend that I can speak with about how it is to live far away from home.
I speak swedish, english and are taking french courses.
I am 19 years old and it doesnt matter how old you are and your gender!

Hugs, Hanna.
Chillinmonkey
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Female
Number of posts : 4
Country,City : France, Aniane
Job : Au pair
Nationality : Swedish
Registration date : 2010-12-09

View user profile http://frson.blogg.se

Back to top Go down

Re: Searching: An au pair friend in south of France

Post  Charlotte192 on Mon 13 Dec 2010, 3:10 am

I'm in the North of France, so that doesn't help at all. I haven't been able to find anyone either. Haven't you met anyone in language courses yet? I haven't started any, but I hope that when I do, I will at least be able to meet people that way. If that's unlikely, then maybe I should stay not come back after Christmas.. Good luck with finding someone, though. I hope everything goes well.
Charlotte192
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Female
Number of posts : 7
Country,City : France, Brittany/Rennes
Job : au pair
Nationality : British
Registration date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chillinmonkey on Mon 13 Dec 2010, 3:48 am

Charlotte192 wrote:I'm in the North of France, so that doesn't help at all. I haven't been able to find anyone either. Haven't you met anyone in language courses yet? I haven't started any, but I hope that when I do, I will at least be able to meet people that way. If that's unlikely, then maybe I should stay not come back after Christmas.. Good luck with finding someone, though. I hope everything goes well.

Hi! Sucks that we live so far away from each other!:p
Yes I have started my french courses and I've become friends with them, but no of them are an au pair. Most of them have moved to France with their girl/boyfriend. I think it would be fun to speak with someone who have the same feelings as me, like another au pair:)
How long have you been an au pair?
Thank you! good luck to you too!
Chillinmonkey
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlotte192 on Mon 13 Dec 2010, 4:00 am

oh, ok. I've been an au pair for just over a week- I came here on the 6th of December- and I feel like I'm going to go insane already. The advice that I have been given is to ask the family if they know any other families with au pairs (which I don't think they do) or to ask the agency that I went with (but I didn't go with one!). I think you could also ask on FindAuPair.com, since there's some other au pairs on there as well. I didn't find that very useful either, but it's worth a try.
Charlotte192
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Female
Number of posts : 7
Country,City : France, Brittany/Rennes
Job : au pair
Nationality : British
Registration date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chillinmonkey on Sat 18 Dec 2010, 5:36 am

Charlotte192 wrote:oh, ok. I've been an au pair for just over a week- I came here on the 6th of December- and I feel like I'm going to go insane already. The advice that I have been given is to ask the family if they know any other families with au pairs (which I don't think they do) or to ask the agency that I went with (but I didn't go with one!). I think you could also ask on FindAuPair.com, since there's some other au pairs on there as well. I didn't find that very useful either, but it's worth a try.

Yes the family helps me alot with finding people in my age, but they don't know any other au pairs.
I didn't either get this job throught an agency, I found the family on Aupair-world.
I will give it a try and look at FindAuPair.com if there is any au pairs in my area:)
Chillinmonkey
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Female

Back to top Go down

AU PAIR NEEDED ASAP

Post  robertmorgannn on Wed 25 Jul 2012, 4:55 pm

I'm Robert Morgan from NYC. I need a nanny/au pair for my little princess who lost her mom last year in a car accident. I want a live in nanny asap. If interested, please send your CV to robertmorgannn@yahoo.com for more details about you. Thanks
robertmorgannn
Au Pair Intermediate
Au Pair Intermediate

Male
Number of posts : 44
Country,City : USA
Job : Jeweller
Nationality : American
Registration date : 2012-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down