Salary for a nanny/housekeeper !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Salary for a nanny/housekeeper !

Post  lovely nanny on Thu 12 Nov 2009, 8:46 pm

Hello there !

I am first time applying for a nanny job and i've got few responses from families where i have added aswell. And right now i am intrested in a family in U.S.A. ,and we are right now in the process of talking to each other....So my duties to that family would be to look after two children,do some cleaning and helping to prepare food. My job would be full time, and they want me for couple of years. So my question is how much should i ask for salary for a week? I have no experience in these, as this is the first time I'm doing this for....

It would be great help if any of you could give me some advise how much i should ask for....

Thanks.....
lovely nanny
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Female
Number of posts : 1
Country,City : Sri Lanka, Negombo
Job : Nanny
Nationality : Sri Lankan
Registration date : 2009-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Salary for a nanny/housekeeper !

Post  blaize on Tue 02 Mar 2010, 8:05 pm

You should find out the hours you'll be working a week (40 hours maximum, anywhere over 40 hours is overtime and you should be paid time and a half), and calculate that by how much they are willing to pay you an hour. Make sure you look up minimum wage in the state you are in. They may ask to deduct money for food, etc, but that is up to them--you should ask the host family about this.
blaize
Au Pair Newbie
Au Pair Newbie

Female
Number of posts : 1
Country,City : Canada, Toronto
Job : Student
Nationality : Canadian
Registration date : 2010-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top