Yes ,big Change..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yes ,big Change..

Post  Anna on Tue 02 Jan 2007, 4:32 pm

hum..english life..great but a big a change..
What do you think about that :
7:00 am: Wake up , and a BIG breakfast is waiting for U in the kitchen....Not a french Breakfast obviously, but : beans,eggs,sausages..pancakes,marmelade..
But you're nice and polite so you smile to your lovely family...and eat!

12:00,you have just finished you're breakfast, you look at your watch and
you enjoy for sure to know that you have to eat again Lol..
i don't know if it works like that throughout england
But we have just to get into the habit living this way...
And of course the dinner at 18:pm o clock Lol

So what do U think about that??
ps: i really look forward being out there! and to try all that! but it's really a big change..

Last edited by on Sun 21 Jan 2007, 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Anna

Back to top Go down

Re: Yes ,big Change..

Post  lincgoody on Wed 03 Jan 2007, 12:53 pm

For me it's not a really big change cause I'm in a french family. But it's just the fact to speak in english all the time which was really difficult at the beginning but now I use to do it and I like that.

I'm really urge to be fluent in english and speak really easily without to be ashame all the time with my strong accent "frenchy" lool

Au pair in London from 19th august 2006 to 7th of july 2007
lincgoody
Webmaster
Webmaster

Female
Number of posts : 1201
Country,City : Paris
Job : Student
Nationality : french
Registration date : 2006-08-28

View user profile http://lindsayalondres.canalblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lincgoody on Thu 04 Jan 2007, 2:57 am

To be honest , I'm a sarcastic person but is really frustrating don't be able to speak easily.

And for our accent that's true they find is sexy but I really don't like him Smile

But I'm not sure we are be able to understand all jokes in england (too weird sometimes Laughing ) either be able to become sarcastic, except if you live here during a long time.

But even if such of their habits are weird and difficults to adapt I really like this country and these people!! Exclamation

Au pair in London from 19th august 2006 to 7th of july 2007
lincgoody
Webmaster
Webmaster

Female
Number of posts : 1201
Country,City : Paris
Job : Student
Nationality : french
Registration date : 2006-08-28

View user profile http://lindsayalondres.canalblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Carla on Thu 15 Mar 2007, 4:37 pm

Hi,
Any French person learning english will find it difficult, just like when I try to speak French, my accent is so strong that noone understands me!!!

I think you are in the right place to be learning english, the accent here is much clearer and nicer than the American accent. In America every state has a different accent, so it would be extremly had for you. But I never said anything was wrong with the Australian accent Wink

As for the brittish jokes and humour, it is something hey!
How much food they eat!!!!! wow! I have to cook lunch and dinner!
I would rather eat all little things throughout the day than have big meals!
So what do you normally eat in France? and what times etc.?

I think English would be the hardest language to learn (if its not your main language)
The words are spelt totally different to how sound!
Like these two spelt so similar but sound and mean nothing alike thought, though.

So my main language is English but my spelling isn't perfect. I find some things hard still... Maybe I should have stayed in school?

Ciao for now!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Carla

Female
Number of posts : 209
Country,City : Gold Coast
Job : dog au pair
Nationality : Australian
Registration date : 2007-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathOfRats on Mon 01 Oct 2007, 4:55 am

Before I came to England, I thought food would be one of the most difficult things to get used to - especially the nearly-nothing-for-lunch-and-a-big-dinner-thing. But I found out that it's not so bad. Maybe it was because my family isn't a very typical family - they eat only organic products, a lot of fruit and vegetables with every meal.... And they don't eat soups at all, so when I came home I had to get used to eating them again. I am not a big soup fan, and neither I don't mind them - I think it's just a question of habbit.
And English breakfast? I love big breakfasts, but full English breakfast is too much even for me - I had it only three times during my stay, and I think I can't get any more. I really love all the things - eggs, bacon, beans, sausages, toast, tomatoes,... but I would divide one English breakfast into several days. Then it would be perfect:f,jg=:klj,hgfd .

For me, English is the easiest language to learn - it has easy grammar, there are no articles as in German and French, and the only difficult thing is pronunciation - I know that you French people have it difficult, because your language has a specific accent, which is hard to get rid of. But don't give up!! I have met some French people, who have no accent (althouhg they weren't many:gdxrfdwxtsp: ).
My language has the advantage that it has nearly no accent, so it's easy for me to learn English. But what I really want to is to make jokes in English, to have the real English humour, which I love. Which is a difficult thing. But I watch Monty Python regularly to improve my crazy thinking.
DeathOfRats
Au Pair Expert
Au Pair Expert

Female
Number of posts : 70
Country,City : Stonton Wyville, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, UK
Job : au-pair, student
Nationality : Czech
Registration date : 2007-07-02

View user profile http://www.deathofrats.rajce.net

Back to top Go down